First, great show at Camp Hill. Thanks to all who pulled it off, especially Peter and his crew. Also, to the E-Board for all their work on behalf of all of us who benefit.
- Judging Master Sheet - add Judging Table ID - several times, the ACJ had questions and was asking all tables "who judged x"?
- An AMPS info table to get information about the society, show and how we do things - "ambassadors' if you will for AMPS. Nearly every show I've attended, I've tried my best to answer questions posed by new members at various times. I'd be willing to assist in this effort, BTW.
- Allow non-members to compete at the International Show. This would allow possible new members to "test drive before buying". If the concern is free-riders, we could limit it to one show; after that, if "Joe Smith" tries to register, he will need to provide member credentials.
- Add a check-off box on annual registration to allow renewing members to pony up more than the minimum dues, and could help the AMPS treasury. If 10 members doubled their annual dues as a voluntary contribution, that would yield $300.00 extra funds - 100, $3,000 extra funds....
- Consider permitting vendors to become dues paying and voting members (if bylaws and regs permit). Perhaps a different rate than "regular" members.
- Consider "product placement" for vendors at the show (displays, demos?) for a fee above and beyond the table fee.
- Consider a "make and take" for youngsters and/or a basic build demo for juniors and new modelers.
- Consider a kit (older Tamiya?) in addition to the medal for junior medalist.
- Have "social lounge" with chairs and tables (maybe even permit ad hoc build sessions) at the venue.
- For the host chapter, consider an on-site food truck if hotel/convention facilities are limited
- Shrink medals to challenge coin size.
- To the extent feasible, ensure that judging teams do not judge multiple kits by the same modeler. This tends to happen as models are pulled in the same order they clear the Ramrod. I think this task could be assigned to runners. I try to do this when running.
Simply spitballing some ideas, based upon our travel discussions, and are presented for consideration by the E-Board/Chief Judge/Show Chair.